Nova Domus: it is possible to relax with style
bed and breakfast castellaneta
In an old building dating back the beginning of the XX century, completely restored, it rises the gracious and comfortable B&B Nova Domus.
Situated in Castellaneta city centre, hometown of Rodolfo Valentino , the famous Hollywood actor, the Nova Domus B&B, thanks to its central geographic location, assures you easy access to every kind of services you need.
- Private access;
- Breakfast included in the price;
- Rooms with air conditioning, satellite tv, mini bar;
- Private bathroom;
- Linen service included in the price;
- Kitchen furnished with fridge, microwave and dishes;
- Credit card acceptance;
- Luggage storage for check-in and check-out
- Free Wi-Fi connection
- Breakfast in the room (on request)
- Laundry service (on request)
- Baby sitter service (on request)
TERMS OF PAYMENT AND STAY
- The reservation request for a stay at NOVA DOMUS B&B can be effect by e mail or by phone call with the data that you will find in this site. We will answer promptly to your request an eventually we will give you instructions about booking modalities;
- Booking deposit: in order to confirm the room reservation, you will have to pay a deposit equal to 30% of the total amount established between the parties. Payment modalities will be communicated by e mail or by phone.
- Mode of payment: the balance must be recognized at the check-in
- Documents: at the time of arrival each guest has to present a valid identity document in order to allow the registration according to the laws in force. In the case of minor, as well as they need to be provided with identity document, these must be accompanied by at least one of the parents or be provided with a special signed permit.
- Check-in: the rooms are available after 2 pm. However , we kindly ask you to inform us about your expected time of arrival or about any delay so that we could ensure you our presence at the time of arrival. In the case the time of arrival will not be communicated the check-in will be made from 2,00 to 4,00 pm
- Check-out: guests have to leave the room not later than 10.30 am
- The keys: at the time of the check-in you will get the keys of the structure: of the entrance door and the room where you will be accommodated (their loss will lead to the replacement of locks, the cost of which will be fully charged: € 150,00)
- Price reduction in room for a minimum stay of 7 days or more: 10%
- Children from 0 to 3 years: free of charge if they sleep on the bed already present in the room or in a baby cot, provided free of charge on request.
- Cleaning room will be taken every day from 11.30 to 13.30 am; change of linen every three days.
- Early departure: any changes will be communicated promptly before the arrival; if the guest during the stay decided to anticipate the departure before your reservation date, they must pay the 50% of the amount of the full stay.
Castellaneta….the city of Myth
Castellaneta is a town in the province of Taranto, which has given birth to the myth of the silent cinema Rodolfo Valentino. With the impressive natural park “the land of carved ravines”, the closeness to interesting tourist destinations, the characteristic historical center with its slopes, the numerous craggy churches, it is the ideal destination for those who want to live the holidays in the midst of culture and relaxation.
EVENTS IN THE CITY:
- The festival “Sagra da far’nèdd’” and the flavors of Puglia (in august), extends for more than 2 km in the historical center where it is possible to taste many dishes and the “ far’nèdd’”, the old meal made by grinding barley and chickpea
- The “Rodolfo Valentino” prize at the beginning of May, inspired and dedicated to the great actor of the silent cinema Rodolfo Valentino
- The “Sant’Anna” fair and medieval historical procession (end of July)
- The Holy Week rites, which starts the Holy Thursday with the visit of the sepulchers and continue with the Mysteries procession on the holy Friday and with died Christ on Holy Saturday (March or April)
- Cribs in the historical center (December, January)
- Living Nativity Scene in the historical center (December, January)
Named European Capital of Culture in 2019, Matera is City of Basilicata and is known as "city of rocks" and "underground city", famous for its historic stones, that represent one of the most ancient dwellings in the world. “I Sassi”” were recognized in 1993 UNESCO world heritage. There are many religious and civil monuments that deserve the attention of the visitor such as the Cathedral, built in the XIII century in Romanesque Apulia style, the cave churches, the “Tramontano” castle in “Aragonese” style and “Palazzo Lanfranchi”, a 17th century monument that was built by Friar Francis of Cupertino under the order of “Vincenzo Lanfranchi” Bishop between 1668 and 1672.
- The “Via Crucis in the Matera “Sassi”, with the “Mater Sacra ”show, sounds event, lights and drama with reconstruction of the crucifixion of Christ, represent the perfect set of the Holy Week.
- The Living Nativity Scene in the “Sassi” with about a thousand walk-ons on a way of 700 meters;
The Nova Domus B&B structure combines ancient and modern: it’s typical barrel vaults and elegant décor takes the guest in a relaxing dimension.
Composed by 4 independent bedrooms: a quadruple, a triple and two double it has a common kitchen, complete with all facilities.
We have different offers and conventions , in particular the following described in this list:
“Pizzeria Peucezia” restaurant
The “Pizzeria Peucezia” restaurant situated in 35 Madonna dell’Assunta street, with its splendid park and green palm trees offers at our customers not only a pleasant sightseeing during the tasting of typical dishes and the excellent pizza cooked in a wood oven, but also you could relax and have a walk immersed in the green. In the warmer seasons it is possible to eat outdoor, under a lovely wooden gazebo.
THE TEMPLE OF TASTE
The Temple of taste situated in 35 Giuseppe Verdi bulevard. In this splendid gastronomy we can find many exquisites food like the seafood risotto, aubergines timbale, or potato pie sardines and grilled fish. The experience of Maurizio, the owner of the restaurant,, the quality of its products and its innate characteristics courtesy are appreciated by our customers.
THE STAFFIERI BROTHERS • PIZZA & KITCHEN
The refined atmosphere and comfortable place fit perfectly with the long culinary tradition of the owners that will host you in their new site.
PATISSERIE BAR LA DOLCE VITA
Patisserie Bar “La dolce vita”, inspired by the unforgettable Fellini’s film, is situated near the movie- theatre Valentino in 27 Arco Calderai street. The rediscovery of ancient flavours, proposes tarts, cakes, and typical sweets of our land, which can be tasted with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
The “Salumaio” is situated in the “Via delle Spinelle”, is a small shop which its food specialty have strong health properties . The shop sells Italian and foreign products, many of which are the most popular italian brands. The purpose of this activity has always been to offer a high quality product and to put the customer first.
THE 74011 BAR
The 74011 Bar situated in “ San Francesco” street (next to the post office) is a real city bar, where you could also spend enjoyable hours. A real reference point of the territory where tasting and sharing with your friends and your partner a good coffee or a good appetizer. Professionality and courtesy will cheer your hours
THE “DI NATALE BUTCHER’S SHOP”
The Butcher “Di Natale” Shop is situated in 21 “ Giuseppe Verdi ”boulevard. The principal qualities of the owner are the seriously, passion and care in the choice of meat, which strictly come from Apulia and Basilicata breeding. Since this activity started, the butcher’s shop has always had a stove, where the meat on the spit could be cooked and eaten by the customers in the back- shop area. Over the years it became a cook-shop where customers spend pleasant evenings with friends, tasting the typical roasted meat of our area and other typical dishes.
THE “SILENO” CAVES
The “Sileno” caves, sales of wine and oil. Their vineyards extend for about 12 hectares on the hills facing south and overlooking the Ionic sea. On a calcareous and tufaceous land the grapevine is machined by a spurring cordon and managed with a pruning soft system. Many experimental projects and micro wine-making have allowed over the years to obtain a complete ripening of the grapes with a use very economical water resources. The result is a wine with a strong character and with the capacity of combining the typical characteristics of the vines with the rich territory of the place: Mediterranean myrtle and mastic tree and exposure to sea breezes.